Thursday, December 2, 2010

Carnivore-a-licious

 I realise that I’ve given you absolutely NO blog lovely lately, I’m still trying to grapple with the reality of being back at work after an amazing holiday! I know - I’ve been back for longer than I was actually on holidays… but it doesn’t feel like that!

I’m not making excuses but I have had some out-of-town friends visit recently, so I have been busy. But it’s also given me the opportunity to some pretty amazing eating!

My experiences can only be described as interesting and have included an initiation into Brazilian barbecue and a dish of Tasmanian possum… obviously on two very different occasions!

I’ll start with my adventure to Tukka, an Australian game restaurant in West End, where Arn (American visiting Australia for the first time) wanted to eat as many  types of Australian native animals as possible!


We started with a tasting plate, which included: smoked crocodile, Kangaroo, emu and a mixture of Australian berries and nuts.  

 I followed with a Confit Tasmanian possum with glazed celeriac remoulade and sour apple purée.

Arn had the Moreton Bay Bugs

Judy had the Barramundi
V & R had Mountain pepperberry crusted slow roasted buffalo fillet with caramelised sweet potato and cinnamon jus














The same crew also tried Mundo – a Brazilian barbecue restaurant at Bardon – and unleashed our inner carnivores!

On the menu were perfectly coal fired meats that are cook to perfection - Imagine beautifully rare beef, perfectly moist pork, chicken sausages that tasted like your very own little roast chicken and lamb that melted in your mouth and your on track… add some of their delicious sides and you need to worry if you're not wearing stretchy pants!



What made it even better (and added to the authenticity of the experience) were the VERY attractive waiters with South American accents… mmmm… Brazilian barbecue!

 
If you’re keen for a MASSIVE meal of meat – try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment