Tuesday, December 7, 2010

You always get there eventually

In August I was at the fruit and vege store and (randomly) bought some giant pasta shells thinking that I would take them home and create an amazing pasta dish with them.... In reality I had just had my wisdom teeth out, was still pretty doped up on pain killers and also purchased lime salt, some weird style cured meat and lemon grass – needless to say there was no surprise when I found these gargantuan shells in the cupboard last week!

When I found them I was trying to think of something to serve my lovely girlfriends for lunch on Saturday…and I thought “What on EARTH did I buy these for!”. This was followed very quickly by a “Lets play Ready, Steady, Cook” with them!


So… I stuffed them with a mixture made of goats cheese, ricotta, feta, semi-dried tomato and basil, placed them in a baking dish, added a caramelised garlic and onion tomato sauce covered them with (more) cheese and baked them… 30 minutes in the oven and a tossed salad later and we had a delicious lunch!

1 comment: